If you’re thinking of starting a part time online business to build up some funds, here’s ten quick ideas to get you started.
Everyone wants to have more income. Maybe you’re saving up for a down payment on a house, or your kid is going to start college soon. Maybe you want to start college and know that money is coming in.
First off, there are two ways of having an online business. The first is active where you trade your time for money. The second is passive where money is coming in no matter what you do.
I’ll list five of each for this post. Be on the lookout for more ideas. And feel free to look into combining ideas.
Five Active Online Business Ideas
- Create a company that sells things for other people on eBay or Craigslist. Send out flyers or post on neighborhood websites like NextDoor offering to sell items for people in exchange for a percentage. Make sure that you include your cost for packing and shipping the item, as you don’t want to spend time on the auction or meeting with people only to find out that you’ve spent your profit.
- Sign up to tutor people in an area where you’ve got knowledge.
- Create crafts to sell on Etsy, ArtFire or eBay.
- Social media manager. You would be responsible for monitoring and managing your clients’ identity on all places social media like Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Resume and cover letter consultant. People sometimes don’t put their best foot forward because they’re too close to be objective. Also, people get really embarrassed when they feel like they’re bragging about their accomplishments. That’s where you come in. You could also charge extra to update their LinkedIn profile.
Five Passive Online Business Ideas
- Do you like certain products and telling people about them? You could set up a review site and make money through what’s called “affiliate links.” If someone clicks and buys, you get a percentage of the sale.
- Think you’re the next J.K. Rowling if you could just find the time to write? Well, you don’t have to be the next literary giant to make quite a bit of money with ebooks. Learn how to plot out a good story, write it, and put it out there. Then keep publishing more.
- Want to create a blog about something you enjoy? You can monetize it with Google Adsense. If people click on an ad, you make money. This isn’t a huge income stream usually, but it is a possibility. And works decently when you set up affiliate links.
- If you enjoy training, create videos and workbooks. Then you can set up a membership site where people pay a monthly fee to access your training and forums where they can talk to one another about it.
- Set up a trading site. If you have knowledge of a niche item, set up a website educating people on it, and provide a service where people can buy and sell from one another, and you take a percentage or a flat fee.
It’s definitely easier to set up an inexpensive and profitable online business.
And here’s me telling you about five of them in a post I was challenged to do for the Quick Start Challenge. Enjoy and leave some comments.